Hi Language Lovers, we promote a new way to learn and practise languages over a Sangria in one of the coolest places in Liverpool, Chicha Restaurant, 55 Bold Street, L1 4EU.
The main objective of our events is to offer a great experience to everyone who wants to practice and improve languages.
How does it work?
The activity is held weekly and consists of:
- 50 min - Language lesson
- 20 min - Break where you will be invited to have a sangria (or another drink of your choice) and snacks
- 50 min - Language lesson
Total duration per session: 2 hours
The lessons (delivered by native teachers) are academic but mostly focus on conversation, and include games and fun activities.
The languages that are available at the moment are Spanish – German, and we are currently looking for more students of English, French and Italian, so we can create groups with enough people.
If you would like to learn another language please let us know, we may be able to organise it for you.
Organiser: Hola People
Meet your teacher:
Laura (for Basic Spanish)
Hello! Hola! I'm Laura but you can call me Lau. I'm from Santander; a small city on the north coast of Spain. Probably you know it because of the Spanish bank with the Same name. I did a degree in Primary Teaching as well as a Master's degree in Teaching and Learning Second languages. I always try to make my lessons fun and interesting for everybody taking into account my students' previous knowledge and skills.
Manu (for Basic Spanish)
I was born in Linares, a little city in the south of Spain, but I studied my Primary Education Degree in Córdoba. When I finished it, I decided to come to the UK because I wanted to improve my English and to earn some teaching experience. However the main reason was because I wanted to start travelling. This is my motivation to keep pushing my English, and as a teacher, part of my job is to find out which are the student´s motivation to learn Spanish. It could be music, books, food, films, travels, even flirting! The easiest way to achieve something is having a good reason to do it!!
Ruth (for Intermediate Spanish)
Hi! I'm Ruth and I'm from the Canary Islands. I studied Egyptian Archaeology at the University of Liverpool and after a few years in Spain teaching English to students of all ages I decided to come back to Liverpool. Now I am a Teaching Assistant working with children with Special Educational Needs and I think there's more to learning a language than just vocabulary and grammar.
Cosi (for German)
Born and raised in Germany, Cosi has lived in the UK for almost 30 years. After studying Ancient History and Archaeology at University, she started teaching German as a foreign language, initially at A-Level and over the years to learners of all ages, abilities and levels. She also teaches English (EFL, ESOL and Literacy/Phonics and Literature from Primary to GCSE), Greek, Spanish and French (the latter three Beginners to GCSE), as well as Maths (up to Key Stage 3), History (to A-Level), Geography and Sciences (to Key Stage 3). She has taught pupils aged 4-84 and with a variety of Special Educational Needs. As well as qualifying and working as a Teaching assistant (both with adults and children), she is a herbalist with her own range of herbal remedies and a nutritional advisor. With 23 years’ experience of providing private tuition alongside studying several languages, she has a wealth of skills and techniques for supporting her learners’ individual requirements.
Francesca (for Italian)
Ciao everyone! I am Francesca from Milan. I am delighted to got to get involved in this project, and I am here to share part of my experience and culture with you. I have a degree as a nutritionist and a background as a biologist but I have mainly been a tutor to help students find their own way to get along with school. I moved to Liverpool to improve my English and have a short break for a couple of months, needless to say I fell in love with the city and the warmth of the people...and I haven't used my return ticket yet....it's been a couple of years. I had an unexpected opportunity to teach Italian to English people and it's been the best experience in my life so far. Every class is a challenge for me to get better and to give anything I can to the people are sitting there with me. I have been learning so much from my students and I try to demonstrate my gratitude every single time.
What are the available dates and times?
These are (may be extended in the future)
* Wednesdays 6-8pm - Basic, Intermediate
* Fridays 6-8pm - Basic
* Saturdays 2.45-4.45pm - Basic, Intermediate
* Saturdays 5-7pm - Basic, Intermediate — This is our weekly SOCIAL activity.
* Saturdays 5-7pm - Basic
We are currently defining the definite schedule for 2018, so the above may vary. Please contact us if you have any question or request.
How much does it cost and how can I pay?
- 1 session: £20
- 4 sessions: £60 (£15 per session)
- 10 sessions: £120 (£12 per session)
Every session includes 2 classes of 50 min, the sangria (or another drink of your choice) and snacks.
You can pay in person by cash or bank card or by following this link.
What if I am not able to come to a lesson one particular day?
Not a problem, you will have the chance to attend a session of another group during a different day of the week, or another week. So you do not lose any session.
What if, for any reason, I would like to finish earlier than the weeks I already paid?
We will refund the full amount discounting:
- £20 for every lesson already taken if you paid for 4.
- £15 for every lesson already taken if you paid for 10.
I am in, I would like to be a student, what should I do next?
Please, fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly.
You can go directly to the class without registering, but you will make our life easier if you do it before ;)
I still have more questions
Contact us by phone, WhatsApp or email and we will be happy to respond. The contact info is on the top right corner.
- I really enjoyed the session meeting new friends, very welcoming people and in a lovely location, glad to say I will be a committed member of this particular group and look forward to the 2018 lessons and meetups! To expand my knowledge and fluency Also to find people with thing In Common with me !!! Let have a great 2018! ¡Vamos! — Rebecca Flattery
- Sessions are informal and very enjoyable with great teachers! — Kate MacIver
- Fabulous group of people and great Spanish lessons x — Jennifer Smith
- The Spanish classes I have attended are good:)) — Ming Lim
- Great classes, fun, informal and no pressure. Lovely teachers and organisers — Cathy Jones
- Recommend highly. Fun and social learning experience. Fantastic tutors. Good value for money. — Lynne Dwyer
- Hi everyone!I am part of this big family and fully delighted with it! If you are interested in languages exchanges and also meeting people I honestly recommend you to join us without a doubt! — Saray Vicente
- The events that Hola People organises always have a great atmosphere to meet and engage in conversation in different languages with new people! It helps a lot when trying to build the confidence to speak in another language. — Nadine Debrah
- Hola People organises excellent events! For example, the International Language Exchanges combine friendly and welcoming hosting with first class tuition, making both learners and teachers feel valued and appreciated. All of Hola People’s great variety of events benefit from the wonderful atmosphere the organisers create in a variety of stunning venues. Well done so far Hola People! I wish you every success – you deserve it! — Cosi Doerfel Hill